The FW de Klerk Foundation promotes and preserves FW de Klerk’s presidential heritage by supporting the causes for which he worked during his presidency.
- supports and promotes the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and the rule of law through the activities of the Centre for Constitutional Rights;
- promotes unity in diversity by working for cordial inter-community relations and national unity through the activities of the Centre for Unity in Diversity;
- supports charities that care for children with disabilities and disadvantaged children;
- provides information on FW de Klerk’s presidency and the factors that led to South Africa’s transition to a non-racial constitutional democracy.
What must be done?
- We must support the Constitution. South Africa’s future freedom, political stability and economic prosperity depend directly on our ability to maintain our carefully negotiated constitution.
- We must nurture relationships between our communities. We must maintain inter-community harmony by promoting mutual respect for our diverse cultures; by combating racism from any quarter; and by working for national unity;
- There must be ongoing communication between communities, business, labour and government to reach consensus on solution to national problems;
- We must work together to address the problems of our society including inequality, education, unemployment, crime and corruption.