2. Accordingly, the CFCR endeavours to contribute positively to the promotion and protection of our constitutional democracy. This includes the achievement of real and substantive equality and equitable access to land and other resources, but with due regard for those rights concerning property and administrative action that is lawful, reasonable and procedurally fair, as provided for in the Constitution.
3. As such, the CFCR welcomes the opportunity to make a concise submission to Select Committee on Social Services (the Committee) regarding the Refugees Amendment Bill [B12B-2016] (the Amendment Bill) in response to your call for submissions as published on http://www.parliament.gov.za.
4. In this regard, please find attached our submission for the Committee’s attention and consideration.
5. It is not the purpose or intention of this submission to provide comprehensive legal analysis or technical assessment of the Amendment Bill, but rather to draw attention to key concerns in relation to the Amendment Bill.
6. We trust that our submission will be of assistance in guiding the Committee in its deliberations regarding the Amendment Bill.
Photo credit: www.sabc.co.za