Skip to content
- FW de Klerk Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to upholding the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 (the Constitution). To this end, the Foundation seeks to promote the Constitution and the values, rights and principles enshrined in the Constitution; to monitor developments including legislation and policy that may affect the Constitution or those values, rights and principles; to inform people and organisations of their constitutional rights and to assist them in claiming their rights. The Foundation does so in the interest of everyone in South Africa.
- Accordingly, the Foundation endeavours to contribute positively to the promotion and protection of our constitutional democracy. This includes the achievement of real and substantive equality and equitable access to land and other resources, but with due regard for those rights concerning property and administrative action that is lawful, reasonable and procedurally fair, as provided for in the Constitution.
- As such, the Foundation welcomes the opportunity to make a concise submission to the Department of Justice and Constitutional Development (the Department) regarding the Prevention and Combating of Hate Crimes and Hate Speech Bill [Notice 698 of 2016] http://www.justice.gov.za.
- In this regard, please find attached our submission for the Department’s attention and consideration.
- We trust that our submission will be of assistance in guiding the Department in its deliberations regarding the Bill.