The Board of Trustees of the FW de Klerk Foundation wishes to appoint a suitably-qualified person to take over as head of the Foundation, with effect from 1 June 2019 (or as soon as possible thereafter). This is a full-time, Cape Town-based position.
- the cost-effective administration and management of the Foundation;
- formulation and implementation of policy in conjunction with the Board of Trustees;
- active initiatives in support of the Foundation's goals;
- public speaking; interaction with the media and the production of articles, etc.; and
- direction of, and assistance with, the Foundation's fund-raising objectives.
- a passionate interest in upholding the Constitution; in promoting positive relations between South Africa’s communities; and in championing FW de Klerk's legacy and contribution to South Africa's historic transition to a non-racial, constitutional democracy;
- a total commitment to the foundational values in section 1 of the Constitution (human dignity, the advancement of equality; the achievement of human rights and freedoms; non-racialism and non-sexism; supremacy of the Constitution and the Rule of Law; and a genuine multi-party system of democratic government to ensure accountability, responsiveness and openness).
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- minimum qualification - relevant University degree (preferably a law degree);
- minimum ten years relevant experience; including at least three years management experience;
- the ability to write and speak effectively in Afrikaans and English;
- sound administrative skills;
- good inter-personal and communication skills; and
- the ability to make maximum use of technology, digital communication and social media in pursuit of the Foundation's goals.
Closing Date: Friday, 25 May 2019
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview; if applicants do not receive an interview request by end-June, your application has been unsuccessful.
Issued by the FW de Klerk Foundation
6 May 2019