The FW de Klerk Foundation
The FW de Klerk Foundation was established on 6 June 1999 as a registered not-for-profit organisation in South Africa. It has the following vision, mission and activities.
- promotes the values, rights and principles in the Constitution;
- monitors developments that might affect the Constitution;
- participates in the national debate on constitutional issues through the dissemination of articles, speeches and podcasts and the holding of conferences, roundtables and workshops;
- makes submissions to Parliament and Chapter 9 bodies;
- makes judicious use of litigation in defending constitutional rights in the courts;
- works with other NGOs in defence of the Constitution; and
- is able to make use of its consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council in promoting human rights.
The Board of Trustees meets at least twice a year to discuss matters of policy, adopt procedures and take administrative steps as they see fit. We also have a team of interns each year that fall under the Foundation Internship Programme assisting us to achieve our goals.
Be part of the change
Different ways to get involved
Become a Supporter
All South Africans must support the Constitution. South Africa’s future freedom, political stability and economic prosperity depend…
Become an intern
Each year the FW de Klerk Foundation hosts interns from South Africa and abroad. The Foundation has a long-standing relationship…
Find out about available Job opportunities at the FW de Klerk Foundation and partner organisations.
We’re committed to providing regular communications on topical issues and participating in the national debates
Stay in Touch with Us